Twitter Page || FaceBook Page || Join BBM || InstaGram page || FaceBook Group
Views: 139 Posts: 0 Started By: oladamats Last Poster: oladamats Last Post Date: Nov 02, 2017
Nov 02 ( Post 1 )

The Nigerian government on Wednesday insisted on questioning former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, in the ongoing trial of former Peoples Democratic Party spokesperson, Olisah Metuh. Mr. Metuh is facing trial for alleged diversion of N400 million from the office of the former NSA. Mr. Dasuki who was ordered into the witness box to testify on Wednesday, told the court that he could only comment on questions relating to the allegations against himself after looking through documents relating to the exercise of his duty while in office.

Asked if he could recall having to deal financially with Mr. Metuh and his company, Dextra Investment, Mr. Dasuki said until he is released and given a chance to examine his past official records, the answer to the question was ‘no’. “Currently I am in custody of the State Security Service. I have been there for two years now. I wouldn’t be able to record if I had any dealings with the first and second defendant from my memory. “Three years is a long time, so I cannot recall. I cannot respond in a manner that will please the counsel, except with recourse to my records.

“I have stated earlier that I am in custody. When the authorities decide to obey the court orders and release me; that is when I will be able to give a time line.

They have refused to obey court orders on my release. We have processes in court, when we get to the Supreme Court, those in charge today, will listen,” Mr. Dasuki said. “As long as I am in the custody, the answer is I don’t know,” he added. Reacting to the witness’ submission, counsel to Mr. Metuh then prayed for more time to allow Mr. Dasuki resolve issues of his detention before he would testify.
Reaction Buttons

<

Make A Reply Below!

Desired Name:

Comment:

Confirm You Are Human


|